Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bye-bye Nappies

Well it's time for me to say goodbye to nappies. B has been daytime trained for nearly 18 months and has not worn nappies at night for about 3 months (varying success here but I think we are there now). I have all of his nappies still. Don't ask me why. Maybe because I really enjoyed our cloth nappy journey so I wasn't quite ready to let them go and admit my little fella has grown up.

I was very committed to the idea of using cloth from the start. I had some wonderful friends who gave me cash and vouchers for a nappy wash service which was wonderful for the first few months. After that I launched headlong into the Modern Cloth Nappy world. Like a lot of people I did get a little carried away with the cute nappies.

Without wanting to sound too preachy it was a very easy journey. It was an extra load of washing every 2 days and when you have a baby there is so much washing so an extra one almost went unnoticed. I really enjoyed the sight of all my nappies drying on the clothesline. I know, a strange thing to make you happy but it did.

But I now have to let go of another part of babyhood. I have been endeavouring over the last few weeks to declutter my house and the nappies were a big part of the clutter here. I have started listing them on a used nappy site and hope to get a bit of extra cash from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment