Monday, March 12, 2012

A Simple Day


Today was the Labour Day public holiday. We didn't have any plans for the day so I decided it would be a nice day to just potter around home. We also had a late night last night so I thought just nice and easy would be a way to (hopefully) avoid any toddler meltdowns.

I spent the morning doing a few odd jobs and cleaning. Then playing board games with B. It was a lovely way to just ease into the day.

The weather today was just perfect - sunny but not too warm so this afternoon we headed outside to take advantage. I mowed the lawn while B played with his play dough. I usually prefer this to be an outside activity to avoid mess inside.

I have been quite jealous lately of hearing of the resurgence of afternoon tea. Some friends have been going to some really nice places to enjoy afternoon tea. Unfortunately it's not one of the things that I can afford at the moment but I was inspired to have a "proper" afternoon tea.

So out came the PWMU cookbook, scones and tea were made and the table was set in the backyard. The scones were not a huge success as I halved the recipe but forgot to halve the milk!! They were okay but not the best I have made. We had our lovely little afternoon tea out in the sunshine. It was lovely, free (or close to) and I didn't have to dress up. Winner!!

So all in all a very simple day but a lovely one indeed. And I avoided overtired toddler meltdowns. How do you like to spend your simple days?

1 comment: